Monday 3 December 2012

No Time to Pray

by Joel Hawting | @jhawting



Here is a great poem by Grace L. Naessens that I have been greatly challenged by since the first time I came across it a few years ago. It is a fantastic reminder of what the Bible teaches us about getting our priorities right and in particular, where our seeking or focus should begin (see Matthew 6:33).

Enjoy!


-----

The Difference (No Time to Pray)


I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish, I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me and I grew heavier with each task;
Why doesn't God help me, I wondered; He answered, "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me - He said, "But you didn't seek."

I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock;
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.

- Grace L. Naessens

No comments:

Post a Comment