Friday 3 January 2014

New Year, New Vision

by Joel Hawting | @jhawting


Well as you are no doubt aware I have not posted on my blog for some time; almost for six months in fact! Life is busy, our baby is soon to be born, and posting on Alive in Christ has not been at the top of my priority list. I have nevertheless for some time been thinking about how I can best utilise this blog and hopefully continue to provide encouragement to people through exploring the Christian faith together online.

So along with a new year, here is my new vision for the blog:


Firstly, my Weekly Wraps are going to become Monthly Wraps. There are so many great articles that I come across every week however, with time constraints I think that it would be best if I provide just one wrap once a month. I'd prefer to take the time to read and then pick from a wider range of quality articles to share online.

I'm also going to continue to write book reviews as I read them - this is a skill that I am interested in developing so what better way than to share here? I want to make a concerted effort in 2014 to share a wide variety of book reviews so you should see a couple of reviews here and there throughout the year.

Also, I also want to commit this year to explore and hopefully explain (to some degree at least!) what various theological terms actually mean. We all hear and read words like substitutionary atonement, post-tribulation, election, dispensationalism but what do they actually mean? I'll humbly try to provide some insights into common theological terms.

Finally, I'm keen to start reading through and studying a book of the bible and posting my reflections and notes online for discussion. To kick off 2014, I'm going to start with one of my favourite books of the bible: Ephesians. This should be a great way to engage with the bible and hopefully learn from one another along the way.
So I encourage you to stay tuned in for the all new blog content in 2014 - it should be a great year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment